CVG is the lowest fare airport in the region
October 25, 2017
- CVG is the lowest fare airport in the region, ranking #69 in the U.S. DOT’s average airfare report for second quarter 2017. Passengers are paying on average $200 less per ticket than four years ago.
- CVG continued to set passenger traffic records and increase its air service offering in September, 2017
- Local passenger traffic was up 20.5 percent year-over-year, the highest local passenger September volume on record at CVG. This was the 37th consecutive month of year-over-year local passenger growth for CVG. YTD local passenger traffic is up 21.1 percent.
- Total enplanements were up 16.9 percent year-over-year. Total passenger volume (local + connections) exceeded 329,400 passengers, the best September volume at CVG since 2009. YTD, total enplanements are up 15.9 percent.
- Cargo volume was up 36.7 percent with 93,343 tons marking the best month on record in CVG history. YTD cargo tonnage is up 22.8 percent.
- Frontier announced a new nonstop flight to San Jose, California to begin spring 2018. Its nonstop flight to Miami, Florida began October 5th.
- CVG opened a second Vino Volo location in Concourse A.
- CVG launched Google Street View Virtual Tour for passenger convenience. www.cvgairport.com/terminal/360
- CVG and Delta Air Lines celebrated the 20th anniversary of nonstop service to Paris Charles-de-Gaulle airport. Two round-trip business class tickets to Paris were awarded in a contest that drew more than 18,500 entries.
- Candace McGraw was appointed as Chair of Airports Council International-NA to serve a 2-year term.