CVG experiences continued air service growth in October 2017
November 30, 2017
- CVG continued air service growth in October, 2017:
- Local passenger traffic was up 24 percent year-over-year. This was the 38th consecutive month of year-over-year local passenger growth for CVG. YTD local passenger traffic is up 21 percent.
- Total enplanements (local + connections) were up 17 percent year-over-year, totaling 357,009 passengers. YTD, total enplanements are up 16 percent.
- Cargo volume was up 40 percent with 96,307 tons marking the best month on record in CVG history. YTD cargo tonnage is up 25 percent.
- CVG is the lowest fare airport in the region, ranking #69 in the U.S. DOT’s average airfare report for second quarter 2017. Passengers are paying on average $200 less per ticket than four years ago.
- Allegiant launched three new nonstop routes to Los Angeles and Raleigh/Durham, Nov. 16th, and Providence, Rhode Island on Nov. 17th.
- The Terminal Modernization Project is making great progress. Passengers will now see new carpet in Terminal and Concourses, and updates to baggage claim including new energy-efficient lighting, paint and wall treatments.
- CVG’s Master Plan study has officially kicked off, inviting internal and external stakeholder and public input. The study will be complete fall 2018.