CVG Continues to Increase Air Service Offerings
March 30, 2017
- CVG continued to increase its air service offering in February, 2017:
- Local traffic was up 14.9 percent year-over-year.
- Total enplanements were up 9.8 percent year-over-year.
- Allegiant announced new nonstop service to Denver beginning June 2nd. Allegiant now serves 16 markets nonstop from CVG on a year around or seasonal basis with more than 60 flights a week.
- Frontier Airlines will launch service to two new markets on April 21st: Minneapolis four times a week and New York – LaGuardia daily. Service to San Diego three times a week will begin May 21st.
- American Airlines will introduce mainline equipment (big jet) service to Dallas on April 4th. This will grow American’s capacity by 20 percent on the Dallas route.
- Two initiatives executed to make travel at CVG unforgettably positive for families
- CVG partnered with the Cincinnati Zoo to upgrade the play area in Concourse B, near the food court. It is now open to travelers.
- CVG installed three nursing suites throughout the Terminal and Concourses for nursing moms on the go.
- CVG is committed to facilitating the participation of Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE). The airport hosted its “Connect with CVG” event on March 29th at Receptions in Erlanger. The event brings CVG business partners together to network and connect with potential contractors and suppliers.
- CVG is designated as a StormReady® site, a National Weather Service program for severe weather preparedness.