Business Retention & Expansion Program
The Business Retention and Expansion (BR&E) program of Northern Kentucky Tri-County Economic Development Corporation (Northern Kentucky Tri-ED) is a free resource connecting Northern Kentucky companies with solutions to sustain their current operations and accelerate their growth, while also growing jobs in the local economy.
The BR&E program provides a business a single point of contact for a wide range of assistance opportunities for expansion and immediate operations, for identifying potential tax incentives and workforce grants, for recruiting workforce, and for making connections with regional partners.
The BR&E program is a two-time winner of the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) Excellence in Economic Development Award, winning the Bronze Award in 2013 and Gold Award in 2015, in the category Business Retention & Expansion Program.
Retention & Growth Assistance
Tri-ED BR&E provides the following general assistance to Northern Kentucky primary industry businesses:
- Boost Relationships: Governments, utilities, and education
- Boost Resources: Real estate solutions, tax comparisons, and demographics
- Boost Business Growth: Infrastructure, permitting, incentives, and training grants
- Boost Job Growth: Quality and quantity of the workforce
The program is the result of a two-decade long approach to retaining and expanding Northern Kentucky primary industry businesses. Northern Kentucky Tri-ED’s BR&E program began in 1998, conducting industry surveys in coordination with the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development. Numerous business and community allies provided clear recommendations on how the program should develop:
- An official program
- Coordinated with local cities
- Increased business visits
- Customer relationship management system
- Transparent reporting to Northern Kentucky stakeholders
Northern Kentucky Tri-ED adopted these recommendations and, with partnership with numerous allies including Duke Energy, officially launched the BR&E program on August 27th, 2012.