Northern Kentucky’s Professional Office Sector Drives Economic Progress
Northern Kentucky’s business environment successfully supports many types of office needs, including corporate headquarters, regional sales offices and technical support centers. The community is rich with companies that have made a tremendous commitment to the Northern Kentucky region, including Citi, Fidelity Investments, Toyota Boshoku America, and Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing N.A. Industry sectors representing professional, scientific and technical services and administrative support services have successfully contributed to the current and future growth of Northern Kentucky. Each of these companies have found excellent real estate product, a willing and capable workforce and a thirst for innovation and progress.
The Cincinnati MSA is home to nine Fortune 500 companies, and two of these companies, Ashland and General Cable, are located in Northern Kentucky. Additionally, several companies are headquartered in Northern Kentucky:
- Ashland Inc.
- Columbia Sussex Corp.
- Fidelity Investments
- General Cable
- Griffin Industries
- Messier-Bugatti USA
- Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing NA
- WILD Flavors Inc.
- P.L Marketing, Inc.
- Harlow-HRK Sales & Marketing
These professionals, representing more than 250 companies have found a location in Northern Kentucky, a community offering numerous amenities including:
- A lower cost of doing business, nearly 10% lower than the national average
- Convenience of the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, located in Boone County
- The personal amenities of living in the Cincinnati MSA, including cultural arts, professional sports teams, regional night life and a variety of excellent restaurants
- A wide variety of housing options, from riverfront locations and urban living to suburban communities
Recent economic development announcements from Northern Kentucky professional office companies include:
- Harlow-HRK Sales & Marketing and P.L Marketing, Inc., which provide marketing services in the grocery industry, will consolidate their operations into one location in the City of Newport in Northern Kentucky, creating 77 new jobs and $4 million in capital investment.
- Plaza Associates, an accounts receivable management company, has acquired Northern Kentucky firm ABC American, a collection agency, merging to form the new company Plaza Recovery and creating 250 new jobs and $2.5 million in capital investment.
|Top Ten Northern Kentucky Office Employers (Ranked by Full-Time Employees)
|Internal Revenue Service
||Tax return processing
||Regional HQ, investments
||Regional HQ, credit cards
|Delta Air Lines
|Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing, N.A.
||NA HQ, R&D, support services
||Customer service & tech support
|Pomeroy IT Solutions
||HQ, computer equipment
||HQ, food flavorings
||HQ, computer equipment
||Debt collection processing
|Source: Kentucky Business & Industry Information System (KBIIS), 2012; Business Courier, 2013 Book of Lists
|Occupation (Occ. Code)
|Chief Executives (11-1011)
|General and Operations Managers (11-1021)
|Computer and Information Systems Managers (11-3021)
|Network and Computer Systems Administrators (15-1142)
|Computer Specialists, All Other (15-1799)
|Human Resources Assistants, Except Payroll and Timekeeping (43-4161)
|Human Resources, Training, and Labor Relations Specialists (13-1078)
|Human Resources Managers (11-3121)
|First Line Supervisors/Managers of Office Support (43-1011)
|Receptionists and Information Clerks (43-4171)
|Executive Secretaries and Administrative Assistants (43-6011)
|Data Entry Keyers (43-9021)
|Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators
|Customer Service Representatives
|Source: U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics, May 2011 (Accessed December 2012)
For more information on expansion and relocation opportunities for professional office operations in Northern Kentucky, please contact Karen Finan, Senior Vice President, Northern Kentucky Tri-ED.
For more information on available properties in Northern Kentucky, please visit the Northern Kentucky Tri-ED Sites & Buildings database and Northern Kentucky Tri-ED’s Sites & Buildings catalog.