The Northern Kentucky Tri-County Economic Development Corporation (Tri-ED) was created in 1987 as a non-profit organization, blending public and private funds to enhance the business climate and to foster a spirit of regional cooperation among the Northern Kentucky counties of Boone, Kenton, and Campbell. Northern Kentucky Tri-ED assists local companies in expanding their operations and works with the local communities to develop the resources and infrastructure to support their economic development programs.
Northern Kentucky Tri-ED also markets and promotes the three Northern Kentucky counties on a national and international basis as a location for new or expanding:
- Advanced Manufacturing Projects
- Professional Office Projects
- Technology-Oriented Cluster
- Aviation-Related Industries
- Distribution, Logistics and E-Commerce Projects
- Entrepreneurial Start-Up Companies
- Emerging Clusters including Life Science and Water Tech Projects
Northern Kentucky Tri-ED primary goals:
- CREATE new, diversified job opportunities in Northern Kentucky
- RETAIN and EXPAND existing industries in Northern Kentucky
- ATTRACT new businesses and industries to Northern Kentucky
Northern Kentucky Tri-ED has played an integral role in the successful location or expansion of 564 business projects, representing 48,391 jobs created with a capital investment of over $6.6 billion in Northern Kentucky from 1987 to present.