Manager of Business Retention & Expansion
Title: Manager of Business Retention & Expansion
Reports to: Vice President of Economic Development
Position Type: Full-time
Summary: The Manager of Business Retention and Expansion (BR&E) is responsible for maintaining and establishing relationships with existing Northern Kentucky primary industry companies to assist them in sustaining and growing their operations in the region. This position requires multiple face-to-face meetings with C-level executives to gauge their experience in the region, as well as work with the company and local partners to solve business challenges and uncover opportunities for expansion and job creation in Northern Kentucky.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage the day-to-day BR&E program including evaluating new programs for primary industry firms within Tri-ED’s current strategic plan.
- Conduct on-site visits and meetings with existing primary businesses.
- Get Projects.
- Coordinate business services and provide resources for existing businesses.
- Collaborate with Northern Kentucky communities, service partners and resources in Boone, Kenton, and Campbell counties to ensure local business needs are addressed.
- Serve as a point of contact for existing business and work as a liaison with local partners and governmental entities pertaining to issues and concerns of business and industry.
- Assist companies in identifying potential incentives for business expansion, employee training, and more.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date retention visit and interaction history within Tri-ED’s Salesforce database.
- Creation of new, innovative programs pertaining to BR&E.
- Conduct and evaluate appropriate business surveys for Northern Kentucky in conjunction with local and state economic development partners with a goal of meeting with 200 companies annually.
- Provide quarterly and annual reports of BR&E activity and achievements.
- As needed, manage economic development expansion projects from selected primary industries.
- Engage with community officials and leaderships to strengthen relationships between communities and businesses.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Diplomatic, tactful, flexible, resourceful, dependable, well-organized, and professional.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and communication with members, leadership team, and co-workers.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people, embrace and engage diverse groups, and understand the importance of cultural competency in these interactions.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple complex tasks and balance and prioritize multiple requests with limited supervision.
- Ability to meet BR&E program quotas and goals.
- Ability to identify client needs and challenges, with exceptional follow-up and resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related economic development or business field from an accredited college or university, preferred, or any combination of training and experience which meet the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- At least five years of experience in economic development or related field.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and software.
- Must have strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, well-organized, results-oriented, and willing to learn new skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please send resumes and salary requirements to Kimberly Rossetti: KSR@NorthernKentuckyUSA.com by 9/20/2019
*Tri-ED provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tri-ED complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Tri-ED expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Tri-ED’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.