Manager of Business Attraction
Title: Manager of Business Attraction
Reports to: Vice President of Economic Development
Position Type: Full-time
Summary: The Manager of Business Attraction is responsible for recruiting new industry to the three county Northern Kentucky region. The position is also responsible for maintaining and establishing relationships with regional and state partners, site selection consultants, and corporations interested in the region. The Manager of Business Attraction will work with companies on the entire process of site selection ultimately resulting in new job creation for the region.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Recruit new primary businesses to the Northern Kentucky region.
- Manage the day-to-day Business Attraction program goals.
- Manage project cycles for companies including initial meetings, site visits, and follow-up.
- Coordinate business services and provide resources for clients.
- Collaborate with Northern Kentucky communities, service partners and resources in Boone, Kenton, and Campbell counties to ensure client needs are addressed.
- Serve as a point of contact for new businesses interested in the region and work as a liaison with local partners and governmental entities to assist the client in identifying a new location in the region.
- Assist companies in identifying potential incentives for new locations, employee training, and more.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with key site selection consultants, state economic development partners, and other industry partners.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project and client interaction within Tri-ED’s Salesforce database.
- Work closely with the VP of Economic Development on implementation of new business attraction strategies.
- Provide quarterly and annual reports of business attraction targets and achievements.
- Engage with community officials and leaderships to strengthen relationships between communities and businesses.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Diplomatic, tactful, flexible, resourceful, dependable, well-organized, and professional.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and communication with members, leadership team, and co-workers.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people, embrace and engage diverse groups, and understand the importance of cultural competency in these interactions.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple complex tasks and balance and prioritize multiple requests with limited supervision.
- Ability to meet target goals of new job creation, investment, and wage growth.
- Ability to identify client needs and challenges, with exceptional follow-up and resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related economic development or business field from an accredited college or university, preferred, or any combination of training and experience which meet the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- At least five years of experience in economic development or related field.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and software.
- Must have strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, well-organized, results-oriented, and willing to learn new skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please send resumes and salary requirements to Kimberly Rossetti: KSR@NorthernKentuckyUSA.com by 9/20/2019
*Tri-ED provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tri-ED complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Tri-ED expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Tri-ED’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.